Ready Seal® Stain Technical Data
- Ready Seal® leaves no laps, runs, or streaks during application.
- Read Seal® will never crack, chip, flake, or peel.
- Ready Seal® maintenance is easy, no sanding or stripping required; just a light cleaning and recoat.
- Ready Seal® contains no linseed or vegetable oils that promote algae and fungus growth in wood.
Ready Seal® Wood Stain & Sealer Product Description
Ready Seal Stain and Sealer for Wood is an oil-based, semi-transparent stain and sealer in one. It is a unique blend of oil, quality resins and finely ground pigments that penetrate deeply to protect and preserve the wood from the elements.
Ready Seal® semi-transparent stains enhance the natural beauty of the wood by reacting with its natural characteristics and allowing the texture and grain of the wood to remain visible.
Ready Seal® may be used on any exterior wood project. Ready Seal® is effective on all types of wood and shows excellent results on premium-grade lumbers, including Western Red Cedar, Douglas Fir, Spruce and Redwoods.
Ready Seal® Wood Stain and Sealer Colours
Ready Seal® is available in 8 pigmented colours: Natural, Pecan, Dark Walnut, Mission Brown, Burnt Hickory, Mahogany, Redwood, Natural Cedar.
Ready Seal® Compatibility
Ready Seal® colours may be mixed together to achieve custom colour variations. Do not ting premixed colours of Ready Seal® or mix with other brands or types of stains/sealers.
Ready Seal® is not compatible with most other stains/sealers. Never mix Ready Seal with water-based stains/sealers.
Ready Seal® Finish
Ready Seal® dries to provide a durable, smooth, rustic appearance. Over-application may result in waste of product, prolonged drying times, or other problems. Always follow application instructions strictly.
Ready Seal® Coverage Rates
These calculations include enough stain for new wood. Older wood is more porous and requires more stain:
|Wood Type||Sq. Ft/Gal||Wood Type||Sq. Ft/Gal|
|Cedar Deck||150||Spruce Fence||150|
|Cedar Fence||125||Pine Fence||150|
|Cedar Shingles||150||Pine Siding||170|
|Cedar Siding||125||Treated Pine Deck||150|
|Redwood Deck||175||Treated Pine Fence||150|
- The durability and final cosmetic outcome of Ready Seal® coatings may be impaired by a poorly prepared or unsound surface.
- Surfaces must be clean of mildew, dust, dirt, oil, grease and other foreign matter.
- All previous stains and sealers must be completely removed.
- Any caustic strippers or cleaners must be neutralized.
- Wood must contain moisture content of 12% or less.
- New, unseasoned wood must be allowed to weather sufficiently before properly accepting coatings of Ready Seal®.
- Before application, protect and/or mask all plants and surfaces not to be sealed.
Ready Seal® Application Process
- Shake and/or stir stain thoroughly prior to application.
- Inter-mix all containers of the same colour to insure colour uniformity.
- Always test stain in a small area to ensure satisfaction with colour and appearance.
- Apply with a brush, roller, pump sprayer, or airless spray unit.
- Apply one generous coat or two light coats with at least 45 minutes between coats. No back-brushing is necessary.
- Drying time will vary depending on temperature, porosity of surface, and humidity.
- Ready Seal® is darker when first applied and reaches its true colour in 7-10 days.
Ready Seal® Physical & Chemical Hazards
Combustible: Do not use or store near heat source or open flame.
In case of fire: Use dry chemicals, foam, water fog or carbon dioxide extinguisher.
Spills, leaks, and disposal: Absorb into inert material and dispose of according to federal, provincial, and local regulations.
This product is toxic to fish. Do not apply directly to water or areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of hazardous waste.
Do not apply this product in a way that will come in contact with any person or pet. Do not use on wood that will come in contact with food. Apply this product only as specified on the label.
Keep container sealed when not in use. Always wear goggles, rubber gloves, protective clothing, and a NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator when applying or treating lumber. Use in well-ventilated area. Keep contents away from food and living plants.
Ready Seal® Technical Specifications
Weight per gallon: 7.5 +/- .01 lbs
Solids by weight: 81-85%
Solids by volume: 65-69%
VOC content: Less than 250 grames/litre. Meets US Federal and all State VOC requirements.
Temperature Limits: N/A. Cooler temperatures prolong dry time. Direct sunlight poses no application issues.
Moisture Levels: Surfaces to be sealed must contain moisture content of 12% or less
Life expectancy on vertical surfaces is 2-5 years and 1-3 years on horizontal surfaces. The ability of this product to perform is dependent upon proper surface preparation and correct application. This product must penetrate the wood's surface to work properly. For optimal performance and as preventative maintenance, clean and recoat surfaces every two years.
Ready Seal® guarantees the quality of contents of every container. Ready Seal® has no control over surface preparation or application techniques. No guarantee as the results are offered, expressed or implied. If the product is found to be defective, replacement material may be furnished free of charge; or a refund of the material cost may be issued at the manufacturer's option. Labour costs are not covered by this warranty. Responsibility for claims of any kind is strictly limited to the purchase price of the material.
Read up on the advantages of using Ready Seal Wood Sealer & Stain.
View outdoor wood applications where Ready Seal has been used. Think of your own!
Find Goof-Proof Ready Seal Stain & Sealant
Headwaters Home Improvement Centre
Located in Erin, ON
- Less Than 30 Minutes From Most Parts Of Guelph
- About 15 Minutes From Downtown Orangeville
- 10 Minutes From Hillsburgh, Ontario
- About 10 Minutes From Caledon Village
- About 20 Minutes From Georgetown
- Only 30 Minutes Drive From Fergus, ON
Knowledgeable Friendly Staff To Help You With All Your Wood Stain And Sealing Needs!
Need to rent paint equipment? We can help you with that too! More Here.