Help Habitat For Humanity Guelph Wellington
We are pleased to partner with Habitat For Humanity Guelph Wellington and their ReStores located in Guelph and Fergus. Beginning April, on the first Saturday of every month, Headwaters Home Improvement Centre will host a local Pop-Up Donation Centre where you’ll have the opportunity to gently-used and new household items that are in good working order.
We first hosted the ReStore Pop-Up Donation Station on October 30th, 2021 and it was a great success! Since then, we’ve been working with Habitat For Humanity ReStores to continue the program at our location.
About Habitat For Humanity Guelph Wellington
Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington partners with families through affordable housing so that they may attain social and financial stability to transform their futures and our community.
The ReStore is a retail business selling new and gently used furniture, home decor items, appliances, kitchen cabinets, antiques, building supplies, and more. We operate two ReStores in our area – Guelph and Fergus. Our ReStores are proudly owned and operated by Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington.
What Can You Donate?
You can help by dropping off gently-used and new household items that are in good working order. Items that the Guelph Welling ReStores accept include:
- clean, solid, undamaged furniture from non-smoking homes
- functional home appliances (exception: dishwashers)
- kitchen and bathroom cabinets and hardware h
- toilets (white or off-white, with a tank size of 6L or less)
- plumbing fixtures, sinks (no chips, cracks, stains)
- vanities with countertops
- hardwood & laminate flooring (min. 3 boxes of same type)
- outdoor and garden décor and furniture (seasonally)
- stone, ceramic, porcelain, & vinyl tiles (min. 3 boxes of same type)
- drywall sheets, cement board and tape
- hand and power tools
- most types of lighting fixtures and lamps
- trim, handrail, spindles, stairs
- office furniture (as space allows)
- lumber and plywood free of nails and screws
- unused shingles and roofing paper
- wire boxes, plates, switches, circuit breakers, panels, electrical supplies, hardware
- complete sets of doorknobs and locks with keys
- unused insulation (packaged or in clear bags)
- vinyl siding in great condition
- brand new soffit, fascia, eavestroughs, downspouts
- wall art, framed mirrors
- Plexiglass sheets
- electronic recycling, wire, scrap metal**
A list is also available, including items that cannot be accepted, on the Donate To ReStore Habitat For Humanity Guelph Wellington donate page.
Mark Your Calendar!
Beginning April 2, 2022, the first Saturday of each month!